[Bitcoin-development] Draft BIP for seamless website authentication using Bitcoin address

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at bitpay.com
Tue Apr 8 15:19:32 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 4:13 AM, Mike Hearn <mike at plan99.net> wrote:
> I'd be careful with swift generalisations. It depends a lot on the value of
> your product. I didn't have any hangups about installing a plugin to use my

-You- are irrelevant, as am I.  We don't mind such things.

But based on personal observations as well as Mozilla and other
browser data, the user populace in general does not install plugins.
Flash is the LONE exception to that ironclad general rule.

PS. Google Earth is not a plugin :)

--
Jeff Garzik
Bitcoin core developer and open source evangelist