[Bitcoin-development] Bitcoind-in-background mode for SPV wallets

Tamas Blummer tamas at bitsofproof.com
Wed Apr 9 16:09:13 UTC 2014

I am glad that SPV wallets are discussed outside the scope of mobile devices!

Yes, SPV is a sufficient API to a trusted node to build sophisticated features not offered by the core.
SPV clients of the border router will build their own archive and indices based on their interest of the chain therefore the
border router core does not need to store (and process) anything not needed for consensus, its memory
or disk footprint would be as low as an optimal storage of UTXO.

Regards,

Tamás Blummer
http://bitsofproof.com