[Bitcoin-development] Feedback request: colored coins protocol

Flavien Charlon flavien.charlon at predictious.com
Thu Apr 10 12:19:18 UTC 2014

Thanks for the valuable feedback. I see there is a strong concern with
requiring a large BTC capital for issuing coloring coins, so I am now in
the process of modifying the specification to address that. I will post an
update when this is finished.

By the way, padding doesn't solve the issue entirely (issuing 10 billion
shares sill takes you 100 BTC, even with padding and 1 satoshi = 1 share),
so I am going for the solution where the asset quantity of every output is
explicitly encoded in the OP_RETURN output. That way, whether you are
issuing 1 share or 100 trillions, you never need to pay more than 540
satoshis.