[Bitcoin-development] Bug in 2-of-3 transaction signing in Bitcoind?

Matt Whitlock bip at mattwhitlock.name
Tue Apr 15 15:42:14 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, 15 April 2014, at 5:30 pm, Mike Hearn wrote:

> > That's so weird, though, because we haven't been able to get anything to
> > accept the transaction, seemingly, and yet it was accepted into the block
> > chain 15 blocks ago.
>

> If the tx is already in the block chain then it won't be accepted again,
> because it would be double spending itself!

Haha, yes, I know that. But we had been trying to get a 2-of-3 to be accepted by something for hours, and everything was rejecting it: Coinb.in, our local Bitcoind, the Eligius tx push form. Evidently something did accept it and we didn't notice. We're starting over again now and trying to reproduce the success (or failure).