[Bitcoin-development] Warning message when running wallet in Windows XP (or drop support?)

Mark Friedenbach mark at monetize.io
Wed Apr 16 16:35:36 UTC 2014

On 04/16/2014 09:27 AM, Kevin wrote:
> Should we then add an alert message to wallet installers such as, "Such
> and such will not run on windows xp?"

It's not really our place to police that ... plus it's perfectly safe to
be running Bitcoin Core as a full node on XP. It's just the wallet
functionality that people should be careful about. We're talking about
such a small intersection of people who are running XP, have systems
powerful enough to run Bitcoin Core, and use the wallet functionality.