[Bitcoin-development] Timed testing

Mark Friedenbach mark at monetize.io
Thu Apr 17 16:35:52 UTC 2014

Not necessarily. Running a private server involves listening to the p2p
network for incoming transactions, performing validation on receipt and
organizing a mempool, performing transaction selection, and relaying
blocks to auditors - none of which is tested in a reindex.

A reindex would give you an optimistic upper bound though, if that's all
you care about.