[Bitcoin-development] question about ProcessMessage()

Matthieu Riou matthieu at blockcypher.com
Thu Apr 17 18:00:04 UTC 2014

Github has a nice feature that lets you link to a specific line of code:

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L3549

Is it the line you're referring to? It just flags the peer as at that point
we know we don't have more addresses to learn from it (peers send 1000
addrs). The previous
check<https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L3497>only
applies for peers sending an addr message that would have more than
1000 addresses, which is disallowed to prevent flooding. And no number is
both greater and lesser than 1000 :)

Matthieu