[Bitcoin-development] "bits": Unit of account

Alan Reiner etotheipi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 16:30:55 UTC 2014

Btw, I should clarify my email: I'm a staunch supporter of moving to
1e-6 BTC as the default unit for wallet applications, not necessarily
any particular name.  I would be fine with "bits" as I think this
context is sufficiently different that it won't be confused by regular
consumers.  But it wouldn't be my first choice.  I don't know what my
first choice would be.

While writing this email, I asked my wife (who's been tired of hearing
about Bitcoin for two years), what she thinks of "bits", "microbes",
"micros".  She said she is fine with any of them.  Apparently microbes
reminders her of biology, not "germs".  But she's also well-educated, so
she fine with milli, micro, kilo, etc... and apparently biology...

Whatever we call it. I'm happy to support it as long as it's 1e-6.