[Bitcoin-development] "bits": Unit of account

Un Ix slashdevnull at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 21 01:33:47 UTC 2014

Something tells me this would be reduced to a single syllable in common usage I.e. bit.

My 2 cents goes for "bit".

Because: Bitcoin is a digital currency, BTC starts with "bit", "bit" refers to a small amount of something in its regular english usage and lastly 99.9876543% of people on the planet don't know what a digital "bit" is yet ...

Gavin