[Bitcoin-development] "bits": Unit of account

Mike Caldwell mcaldwell at swipeclock.com
Mon Apr 21 03:34:55 UTC 2014

If bit had to be preceded by a letter I would nominate "ebit" or "xbit" (which could still be XBT)

Those needing a definition for x could define it as "coin/1000000".

That said, I am still more in favor of "bit". Xbit would just solve the problems others cite about ambiguity if they had to be solved without the resulting name being too long.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone