[Bitcoin-development] Economics of information propagation

Mark Friedenbach mark at monetize.io
Mon Apr 21 16:38:17 UTC 2014

Yes, it certainly can be improved in this way. You can even extend the
idea to distribute partial proofs of work (block headers + Merkle lists
which represent significant but not sufficient work), and 'prime' your
memory pools with the transactions contained within.

This is, btw, basically what p2pool does, which is why last time I
calculated you get roughly 1% better return from p2pool than a zero-fee
mining pool would get you, specifically because of the lower stale rate.