[Bitcoin-development] Presenting a BIP for Shamir's Secret Sharing of Bitcoin private keys

Jan Møller jan.moller at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 08:49:41 UTC 2014

I did comment on it back in october (
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=258678.msg3298089#msg3298089) :-)
But I must admit that I haven't been tracking it since then.

I have never been a proponent of BIP 38 (which this BIP is derived from)
and generally think that encrypting a secret with a human generated
password is silly for many reasons (Let me know if I should repeat my list
of concerns). As far as I remember we are pretty much on the same page here.
Using SSS is superior in every way that I can think of.