[Bitcoin-development] Presenting a BIP for Shamir's Secret Sharing of Bitcoin private keys

Nikita Schmidt nikita at megiontechnologies.com
Tue Apr 22 13:37:36 UTC 2014

> A fair point. I'll add some prefixes for testnet.

I've looked at the latest draft and am worried about the increased AVB
namespace usage.  Would it make sense to differentiate main/testnet in
the prefix byte instead of the AVB?  Perhaps aiming for ST rather than
TS.

> I'll welcome forks of my draft BIP. I don't really have the inclination to research GF(2^8) secret sharing schemes and write an implementation at the present time, but if someone wants to take my BIP in that direction, then okay.

I'm willing to fork it.
The maximum number of shares possible over GF(2^8) is 255.  That would
make M and x biases unnecessary.