[Bitcoin-development] Coinbase reallocation to discourage Finney attacks

Drak drak at zikula.org
Wed Apr 23 19:01:58 UTC 2014

Cut it out with the ad hominem attacks please. If you cant be civil, please
go away until you learn some manners.

I think the issue being discussed is do you orphan an entire block causing
distress to users as well, or try to just cause distress just to the evil
miner? This discussion is about exploring the ramifications of all these
options.

I think you are also forgetting that, miners can implement their own
filters and behaviours without anyone's consent. So having an open
discussion and exploring all possibilities can only be a good thing before
someone goes off an implements a change without taking into account other
points of view they may not have considered yet.