[Bitcoin-development] Coinbase reallocation to discourage Finney attacks]

Sergio Lerner sergiolerner at certimix.com
Wed Apr 23 19:33:24 UTC 2014

(this e-mail is cc to the bitcoin-research list)

Hi everyone from the bitcoin-development mailing list!
I decided to join this legendary list because it seems that all the
research fun is taking place in here, and I don't want to miss the
research party.

Regarding the discussion about BitUndo, a year ago I posted about an
attack (which I called the the Bitcoin Eternal Choice for the Dark Side
Attack or ECDSA)
that tries to erode the confidence in Bitcoin by offering double-spends
as a service.

I think it's related to the last post from Peter Todd about the problems
with BitUndo.

Here is the link if anyone is interested in reading about it...
http://bitslog.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/the-bitcoin-eternal-choice-for-the-dark-side-attack-ecdsa/

Sergio D. Lerner.