[Bitcoin-development] New BIP32 structure

Pieter Wuille pieter.wuille at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 20:08:18 UTC 2014

That's the point. BIP64 specifies such a structure, and you have to scan
all that it defines.

If you want to write wallet software that does not have the complexity to
deal with just one account, it is not BIP64 compliant. It could try to
define its own purpose system, with a hierarchy without accounts in it. I'm
not sure this is a very interesting use case, but I like how strict it is.
Construction of related chains for multisig addresses is perhaps a better
example of a different purpose structure.