[Bitcoin-development] New BIP32 structure

Pavol Rusnak stick at gk2.sk
Wed Apr 23 21:06:26 UTC 2014

On 04/23/2014 10:54 PM, Pieter Wuille wrote:
> Would you consider software which scans all accounts as specified by
> BIP64, but has no user interface option to distinguish them in any
> way, view them independently, and has no ability to keep the coins
> apart... compatible with BIP64?

This is not a desired behavior. Do you have any idea how to make it even
more explicit in the spec? Currently we just have (in Account sectrion):

"This level splits the key space into independent user identities, so
the wallet never mixes the coins across different accounts."

I would like to make it obvious from the spec that if you mix funds
accross the accounts you are not doing a right thing and you are not
compliant to the spec.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol Rusnak <stick at gk2.sk>