[Bitcoin-development] Coinbase reallocation to discourage Finney attacks

Tier Nolan tier.nolan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 21:23:08 UTC 2014

An interesting experiment would be a transaction "proof of publication"
chain.

Each transaction would be added to that chain when it is received.  It
could be merge mined with the main chain.

If the size was limited, then it doesn't even require spam protection.

Blocks could be "discouraged" if they have transactions which violate the
ordering in that chain.  Miners could still decide which transactions they
include, but couldn't include transactions which are double spends.

The locktime/final field could be used for transactions which want to be
replaceable.

The chain could use some of the fast block proposals.  For example, it
could include orphans of a block when computing the block's POW.