[Bitcoin-development] New BIP32 structure

Pavol Rusnak stick at gk2.sk
Wed Apr 23 21:33:48 UTC 2014

On 04/23/2014 11:22 PM, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> Hopefully it would be clarified as only a MUST NOT do so silently...
> "I have funds split across two wallets and it WONT LET ME SPEND THEM"
> sounds like a terrible user experience. :)

That is a subjective matter. To me it makes PERFECT SENSE that funds
across accounts NEVER MIX. One can still send funds from one account to
another and then perform another spend.

That's what I consider a consistent and thus GOOD user experience.
What's the purpose of Accounts if wallet mixes coins among them anyway?

I know it's not good to use classic bank accounts as analogy, but that's
exactly how they work. Or have you every done ONE transaction from two
bank accounts simultaneously?

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol Rusnak <stick at gk2.sk>