[Bitcoin-development] SmartSPV – A better Simplified Payment Verification for Smartphones

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 04:59:39 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 9:52 PM, Sergio Lerner
<sergiolerner at certimix.com> wrote:
> In a previous e-mail Mike Hearn asked me how I was going to handle 17K block
> headers a day in my NimbleCoin currency in a the SPV mode.
> I designed a variation of the standard headers-only SPV mode I called
> SmartSPV. This mode could also be implemented by BitcoinJ for Bitcoin.

If you are freely specifying things, and you control the headers than
you can can already make SPV evaluations of work have log(n) scaling.

See: https://www.mail-archive.com/bitcoin-development@lists.sourceforge.net/msg04318.html

(wrt headers in reverse, perhaps you might also want to mine
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/User:Gmaxwell/Reverse_header-fetching_sync
for ideas).