[Bitcoin-development] BIP32 "wallet structure" in use? Remove it?

Andreas Schildbach andreas at schildbach.de
Fri Apr 25 10:23:05 UTC 2014

Does anyone use or plan to use the "wallet structure" part of the BIP32
document?

I suggest removing it from the document and maybe instead point at
BIP43. That new specification proposal just defines a "purpose" and
leaves everything else to the inventor of that purpose. The idea it that
over time a standard will evolve naturally rather than top-down.

https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0043.mediawiki

I'd volunteer to submit a pull request if I can see some level of
consent here.