[Bitcoin-development] Error handling in payment protocol (BIP-0070 and BIP-0072)

Andreas Schildbach andreas at schildbach.de
Fri Apr 25 22:33:36 UTC 2014

These two BIPs are not accepted yet, so feel free to submit PRs for them.

Note BIP70 is almost agnostic to transport layer. For example, I have
implemented it for NFC, QR-codes, Bluetooth, e-mail and In-app payments
in Bitcoin Wallet -- doesn't make much sense to put HTTP status codes
into the spec.

Max message sizes make sense. I also thought about adding a guarantee
that the payment_url is valid for as long as the payment request is valid.