[Bitcoin-development] BIP32 "wallet structure" in use? Remove it?

Thomas Voegtlin thomasv1 at gmx.de
Sat Apr 26 10:36:51 UTC 2014

I totally agree with gmaxwell here. The cost of interoperability is too
high. It would force us to freeze all features, and to require a broad
consensus everytime we want to add something new.

In addition, some partial level of compatibility would probably lead to
users not able to recover all their funds when they enter their seed in
another wallet. That is not acceptable, and should be avoided.