[Bitcoin-development] Error handling in payment protocol (BIP-0070 and BIP-0072)

Ross Nicoll jrn at jrn.me.uk
Sat Apr 26 17:43:50 UTC 2014

I'd be very cautious of security implications of embedding files into
the payment request. Even file formats one would presume safe, such as
images, have had security issues (i.e.
https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/ms11-006 )

Longer term I was wondering about embedding the PaymentRequest into web
pages directly via the <object> tag, which could eliminate need for
BIP0072 and potentially improve user interface integration that way.
Obviously this would require browser plugins, however.

Ross