[Bitcoin-development] BIP0071 media type registration with IANA

Jannis Froese s9jafroe at stud.uni-saarland.de
Sat Apr 26 21:16:48 UTC 2014

Am 2014-04-26 22:17, schrieb Mike Hearn:
> Bitcoin is not a vendor, so I doubt that would work.
By my interpretation of RFC 6838, the Bitcoin Foundation or even Gavin
himself could register a vendor tree for Bitcoin. In the case of the
foundation registering, getting the subtree named vdn.bitcoin should be
no problem.

> I doubt we should spend any time on this. The chance of a string
> collision is extremely low. The current mime types are fine.
It's mostly about the good feeling of having followed the rules and
proper procedures, I doubt that there is a difference in practice