[Bitcoin-development] deterministic transaction expiration

Tom Harding tomh at thinlink.com
Wed Aug 6 17:02:02 UTC 2014

Today we have first-eligible-height (nLockTime), and mempool expiration
measured from this height would work for the goals being discussed, no
fork or protocol rev.

With first-eligible-height and last-eligible-height, creator could
choose a lifetime shorter than the max,  and in addition, lock the whole
thing until some point in the future.