[Bitcoin-development] NODE_EXT_SERVICES and advertising related services

Christian Decker decker.christian at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 10:41:38 UTC 2014

I wonder whether we actually want to support this kind of advertisement in
the P2P protocol. We have a working mechanism for protocol extensions in
the P2P network (service flags) so this is obviously only for services that
are not P2P extensions, so why have them in there at all?

I'd argue that a parallel network, external to Bitcoin, could take over the
task of advertising external services.

Regards,
Chris

--