[Bitcoin-development] NODE_EXT_SERVICES and advertising related services

Wladimir laanwj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 12:34:32 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 2:11 PM, Mike Hearn <mike at plan99.net> wrote:
> Maybe, that feels like it could be overkill though. Probably just something
> like
>
> ./bitcoind -servicecookie=<long random string> -allowextservices=127.0.0.1/8

I don't like conflating the external and internal interface. The
interface to the outside and the interface to the inside should be
well-separated.

I'd be OK with such an idea if bitcoind listens on a separate port for
connections from plugins, a port that cannot be used for normal P2P
traffic. This could also be a UNIX socket instead of a TCP port.

Wladimir