[Bitcoin-development] Outbound connections rotation

Pieter Wuille pieter.wuille at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 17:35:00 UTC 2014

Yes, I believe peer rotation is useful, but not for privacy - just for
improving the network's internal knowledge.

I haven't looked at the implementation yet, but how I imagined it would be
every X minutes you attempt a new outgoing connection, even if you're
already at the outbound limit. Then, if a connection attempt succeeds,
another connection (according to some scoring system) is replaced by it.
Given such a mechanism, plus reasonable assurances that better connections
survive for a longer time, I have no problem with rotating every few
minutes.