[Bitcoin-development] Proposal: Encrypt bitcoin messages

Angel Leon gubatron at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 16:58:41 UTC 2014

"I suggest that Bitcoin Core should generate a public/private key pair and
share the public one with peers."

I've not read the p2p protocol of Bitcoin core, but I suppose the initial
handshake between 2 peers would be the ideal place to exchange a public
keys.

would it make sense to generate a new random pair of keys per each peer you
connect to?
then each subsequent message to every peer gets encrypted differently,
keeping each conversation isolated from each other encryption-speaking.

These keys would have nothing to do with your wallet, they're just to
encrypt any further communication between peers post-handshake. Would that
be of any use to "This could provide privacy and integrity but not
autentication."?

http://twitter.com/gubatron