[Bitcoin-development] Proposal: Encrypt bitcoin messages

Cameron Garnham da2ce7 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 05:40:49 UTC 2014

We should aim to use perfect forward secrecy between all nodes by default.

This forces the attacker to do a MITM attack that is far more expensive on
the large scale.

I don't see why this is seen as so controversial.  It is relatively cheap
to implement on our side,  and has a dramatic increase of cost for any
attackers.

Cam.