[Bitcoin-development] Reconsidering github

Paul Rabahy prabahy at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 20:36:19 UTC 2014

I want go give a bit of an outsiders perspective. I thoroughly understand
the concepts of bitcoin and am a professional programmer, but have never
taken the time to compile my own copy of bitcoin core.

I have looked at the pull requests on Github many times. I have cloned the
repo to my own computer, but haven't really used that to do much. I find
Github very easy to use, and (to me) it has the lowest bar to get more eyes
passively looking at the code. As a security guy, I appreciate the extra
time and effort that goes into signing commits and merges even if I have
not personally verified the signatures. I would like to see bitcoin core
continue to use github, but have no objection to additional mirrors of the
repo being hosted on different sites.