[Bitcoin-development] BIP70: Canceling Payments

Tim Tuxworth Founder Go-taxi.biz tim at go-taxi.biz
Mon Feb 3 20:30:58 UTC 2014

Is BIP70 limited to http only?

What about face to face scenarios, or realtime like ticket sales or gambling, and socket and/or bluetooth type connections?

Tim Tuxworth
Founder Go-Taxi.biz

consumer's bitcoin wallet on their own. So sending "Cancel Payment
Request" to the user is impossible.

If the customer doesn't want to send, nothing ever needs to happen. So
sending a "Reject Payment Request" to the merchant is useless.

The unhappy path scenario with Payment Requests (customer paid, but
for whatever reason that payment is no longer valid) can be simply
solved in 1 of 2 ways:

If the merchant realizes the mistake, they can refund the money.
If the customer realizes the problem, they can contact the merchant,
provide the signed request, and ask the merchant to return the funds.

What isn't covered?