[Bitcoin-development] MtGox blames bitcoin

naman naman namanhd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 20:56:50 UTC 2014

Gregory Maxwell says : "Try paying a consultant if your ego demands that
you have a technical
expert to entertain your musing with immediate response."

I don't know why your resorting to such an adhominem. But I have already
said that you were the only one who responded. Your response was correct as
is reflected in the conversation on the forums. No doubting that. But it
does not address the full scope of the attack where a small pool would
intentionally (or out of whatever reason) make the hash invalid for the txs
they recieve. So that leaves a whole lot of businesses in the lurch who
have relied on txid (albeit wrongly that) for their tracking purposes.
Thats all I'm trying to say, without blaming anyone.

Hope it makes sense.