[Bitcoin-development] [RFC] [BIP proposal] Dealing with malleability

Alex Morcos morcos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 00:39:11 UTC 2014

I apologize if this has been discussed many times before.

As a long term solution to malleable transactions, wouldn't it be possible
to modify the signatures to be of the entire transaction.  Why do you have
to zero out the inputs?  I can see that this would be a hard fork, and
maybe it would be somewhat tricky to extract signatures first (since you
can sign everything except the signatures), but it would seem to me that
this is an important enough change to consider making.