[Bitcoin-development] BIP70 proposed changes

Andreas Schildbach andreas at schildbach.de
Tue Feb 18 17:31:04 UTC 2014

I'm starting a thread on proposed changes on BIP70 based on my
experience in implementing the payment protocol in Bitcoin Wallet:

- certificate chain in pki_data: I think it should be required that is
most contain the first certificate PLUS all intermediate certificates
(if any), but NOT the root certificate. Reason: We want to be able to
verify offline.

- definition of timezone: Its not clear if times (e.g. expires) are in
UTC or local. I suggest to require UTC. If if we can't agree on this,
there should be a sentence about timezones in the spec.

(probably more to be added...)