[Bitcoin-development] [RFC] [BIP proposal] Dealing with malleability

Allen Piscitello allen.piscitello at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 01:29:05 UTC 2014

This is somewhat problematic in my use case since some parts need to be in
the chain earlier than others and have the same ID as expected.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260898.10

I haven't gone back to see if there are any ways around it, but the main
problem here is I need the Contract TX to be in the chain much earlier than
redeeming, but I need the refund transaction to be in the chain much
earlier.  Perhaps there are some tricks to pull off to get it to work, but
I haven't been working on this for a while so I'm a bit rusty in that area.

This might be helpful enough to help a lot of use cases, but shouldn't be
final.

-Allen