[Bitcoin-development] Bitcoin Core trial balloon: splitting blockchain engine and wallet

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Fri Feb 21 10:41:06 UTC 2014

I'm not sure it does really - typical C/C++ exploits let you run arbitrary
code, at which point you can quite easily ptrace the other process and do
whatever you want with it, or read /proc/pid/mem etc. But process
separation is certainly a prerequisite for sandboxing so I'm not arguing
against such a change, just pointing out that it requires some work to
really get the benefits. Also an SPV Bitcoin Core would obviously be of
tremendous utility all by itself ...