[Bitcoin-development] getpeerinfo results

Wladimir laanwj at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 08:08:43 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 3:56 AM, Ronald Hoffman
<ronald.hoffman6 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I noticed that the 'services' field appears to be garbled in the latest
> source code level from github.  Bitcoind is connected to my Java node
> server at 127.0.0.1:8333.  I thought I was sending a bad 'version'
> message but I get the correct results using 0.8.6.  So it appears that
> something changed in 0.9.0.

This warrants an issue on github:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/new

> Here is bitcoin-cli talking to bitcoind (0.9.0)
>
> $ bitcoin-cli getpeerinfo
> [
>     {
>         "addr" : "127.0.0.1:8333",
>         "services" : "0000000164x",

What git revision are you testing with? Built with what compiler on which
platform?

Do all peers in getpeerinfo show up garbled, or just yours? Does it
literally show as "164x"?

I just tried getpeerinfo locally and all my peers show as: ""services" :
"00000001" as expected.

Wladimir