[Bitcoin-development] Dedicated server for bitcoin.org, your thoughts?

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Wed Jan 1 15:10:05 UTC 2014

That seems overly complicated, there's no need for the Bitcoin protocol to
be involved. Deterministic builds with threshold signed updates are a
problem the entire crypto community is now interested in solving - any
solution should be generic.

Really all you need is an update engine that allows a CHECKMULTISIG type
approach. When the update engine is not under our control, i.e. on Android,
Shoup style RSA threshold signatures can potentially work (though I must
admit, I have never found time to play with the implementation I have for
that algorithm).