[Bitcoin-development] Merge mining

David Vorick david.vorick at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 08:49:52 UTC 2014

If you have the resources to attack one of the bigger altcoins, you
probably have a significant investment in the cryptocurrency space, and a
significant interest in protecting it. Compromising even something like
dogecoin would cause a lot of questions to be raised and likely drop the
value of bitcoin as well as all the cryptocurrencies using the same work
function as dogecoin.

Right now, there's very little benefit to attacking a significant currency,
because it would be very expensive and likely traumatize the whole system.
Unless it's some power like the NSA, I don't think there's much to worry
about.