[Bitcoin-development] Stealth Addresses

Peter Todd pete at petertodd.org
Fri Jan 10 12:00:47 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 11:28:33AM +0000, Drak wrote:
> On 10 January 2014 10:20, Peter Todd <pete at petertodd.org> wrote:
>
> > Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention it in my first write-up but you can
> > easily make stealth addresses include a second pubkey for the purpose of
> > the communication that either isn't used in the scriptPubKey at all, or
> > is part of a n-of-m multisig. (n>=2) Interestingly that also means you
> > can give a third-party that key and out-source the effort of scanning
> > the blockchain for you.
>

> That seems pretty exciting to me. What is the chance of this becoming a BIP?

Needs a prototype implementation first. The version with no prefix is
the simple one and doesn't have any other dependencies; the prefix
version is harder because it isn't clear yet what's the best way to
force the prefix, or for that matter whether scriptPubKey or
H(scriptPubKey) indexes will be available.

It's on my todo list, but as you've probably noticed my todo list is
rather long. :)

--
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
00000000000000028a5c9edabc9697fe96405f667be1d6d558d1db21d49b8857