[Bitcoin-development] Stealth Addresses

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 09:52:25 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Gavin Andresen <gavinandresen at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, please. Make it easy for non-geeks, extend the payment protocol, or
> we'll spend the next two years writing code that tries to ignore linebreaks
> and spaces and changing <input> elements in HTML forms to <textarea> ....

However, if you're able to use the payment protocol then you probably
don't need stealth addresses to prevent reuse.

E.g. What can I put for a donation address on a totally static
webpage? or on a billboard?

At least thats what I understood these things were trying to solve—
fix privacy where realtime two way communication just isn't available.