[Bitcoin-development] Stealth Addresses

Jeremy Spilman jeremy at taplink.co
Thu Jan 16 00:05:27 UTC 2014

Might I propose "reusable address".

I think that describes it best to any non-programmer, and even more so
encourages wallets to present options as 'one time use' vs 'reusable'.

It definitely packs a marketing punch which could help drive adoption. The
feature is only useful if/when broadly adopted.

I think it meets all the criteria required:

   - Communication between parties is a single message from the payee,
which may be public
   - Multiple payments to the same address are not publicly linkable on the
blockchain
   - The payee has explicitly designated they expect to receive more than
one payment at that address
   - Payer can publicly prove they made a payment to the reusable address
by revealing a secret

I have high hopes for this feature. The war *against* address reuse may
soon be a distant memory.