[Bitcoin-development] unlinakble static address? & spv-privacy (Re: Stealth Addresses)

Christophe Biocca christophe.biocca at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 20:25:36 UTC 2014

Like any other mechanism that puts extra data in the blockchain, the
sender pays the fees.

This mechanism is to improve privacy for static addresses (donation
links on websites and so on). I personally don't think it will be used
nearly as much as BIP0032 or the payment protocol (both of which don't
need on-blockchain data), precisely because it increases the fees
required to send funds, but this doesn't externalize costs anymore
than any other use of the blockchain does.

People who don't care about privacy and want smallest cost and maximum
convenience already use SPV nodes. Their resource usage will not be
affected in the least.