[Bitcoin-development] ASIC-proof mining

Andy Parkins andyparkins at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 12:01:33 UTC 2014

On Friday 04 July 2014 04:37:26 Gregory Maxwell wrote:

[excellent explanation removed for brevity]

> > Apologies in advance if this is a stupid idea.
>
> No need to be sorry— talking about these things is how people learn.
> While I don't think this idea is good, and I'm even skeptical about
> fixed versions— I promise you many other people were thinking similar
> or even less useful things and will find the discussion interesting.

Thank you for the very thorough and courteous response.  I'm sorry that I
suggested something that had been thought of before (seems to be the case on
every great idea I have for Bitcoin) and was not practical; but I'm glad to
have had your response which was certainly educational for me.

Andy

--
Dr Andy Parkins
andyparkins at gmail.com