[Bitcoin-development] Bitcoin address TTL & key expiration?

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at bitpay.com
Tue Jul 15 08:23:40 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 4:19 AM, Wladimir <laanwj at gmail.com> wrote:
> In my opinion encouraging the use of the payment protocol and
> deprecating the use of addresses is the best way forward, and not just
> for this reason.

There are major gaps that the payment protocol doesn't cover.

There are several deployed use cases where you are provided/request an
address, an API provides one, and one or more incoming payments arrive
as the user sends them over minutes/hours/days/weeks.

--
Jeff Garzik
Bitcoin core developer and open source evangelist