[Bitcoin-development] BIP 38 NFC normalisation issue

Andreas Schildbach andreas at schildbach.de
Wed Jul 16 09:17:44 UTC 2014

Guys, you are always talking about the Unicode astral plane, but in fact
its a plain old (ASCII) control character where this problem starts and
likely ends: \u0000.

Let's ban/filter ISO control characters and be done with it. Most
control characters will never be enterable by any keyboard into a
password field. Of course I assume that Character.isISOControl() works
consistently across platforms.

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/lang/Character.html#isISOControl%28char%29