[Bitcoin-development] Decentralizing ming

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Fri Jul 18 10:43:19 UTC 2014

Oops, sorry, I see the subject line changed. This is what I get for working
down the thread list top to bottom :)

I think the best path forward now is to finish off getblocktemplate support
in the various tools so it's possible to pool for payout purposes without
giving up control of block creation modulo the coinbase. Combined with the
recent sipa performance enhancing goodness, it would hopefully persuade
some non-trivial chunk of hashpower to go back to running their own node
and start the process of turning pools merely into payout trackers rather
than block selectors.