[Bitcoin-development] Time

Aaron Voisine voisine at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 05:56:26 UTC 2014

It's based on the block height, not the block's timestamp. If you have
access to the device and the phone itself is not pin locked, then you
can jailbreak it and get access to the wallet seed that way. A pin
locked device however is reasonably secure as the filesystem is
hardware aes encrypted to a combination of pin+uuid. This was just an
easy way to prevent multiple pin guesses by changing system time in
settings, so that isn't the weakest part of the security model.

Aaron Voisine
breadwallet.com